- Custom Made
At Haverford, we offer a custom made netting service on the majority of our netting products. This includes custom load covers for utes and other vehicles through to sports netting and more.
Just some of the custom solutions we can provide for include:
Customisation is available on almost all “Square” and “Crossweave” mesh nets (which covers the majority of nets that we have available online). The square mesh pattern allows for simple and accurate customisation.
These nets can also be joined together to create larger panels as required. Therefore, if you require an overall size of net that isn’t listed on our website, contact our custom department for a quote on seamless net joining.
We don’t currently custom finish Diamond Pattern Nets, with the obvious exclusion of Custom-Hung Fishing Nets. Please feel free to view our entire range of netting styles and then contact us for a custom-finished solution to suit. No enquiry is too small, and no enquiry is too unusual. Challenge us with your design, from small residential enquiries through to large commercial fitouts.
Webbing/Tape border material (with or without Eyelets)
A webbing border with attachment eyelets is a common edge finishing option. This option is neat, strong and flexible in its applications.
Common applications for this finish include:
• Top Edge for a sliding Sports Curtain Net. This would entail a webbing double stitched onto the top edge of the net, with Stainless Steel Eyelets inserted at regular intervals (allowing the sports curtain to slide along a tensioned support Wire).
• All sided edge for Utes / Trailers etc. The webbing ensures strength at the nets weakest point, and the convenience of customisable eyelet positioning gives you the flexibility to create the perfect fit.
• Luggage and goods cargo restraints
• Skip Bin Cover Nets
• Pallet and warehouse safety nets
• General purpose safety nets
Quality components and flexible choices.
The webbing is available in 2 styles. Both are hard wearing and designed for continued outdoor usage. The Polyester is slightly more flexible, and is therefore a good option for Sliding Application, whereas the PVC repels dirt and dust so is a good option for load cover cargo nets and the like.
• Polyester fabric (80mm width folded over the edge of the net to create an effective 40mm border)
• PVC (80mm width folded over the edge of the net to create an effective 40mm border)
• Single sided Seatbelt Webbing backing
• We can also accommodate all KEDER TRACK installation enquiries.
We use Stainless Steel Eyelets in all our “custom-made” nets.
All stitching is done with TWIN Needle stitch pattern for added strength, and we use the highest quality UV treated stitching designed for outdoor use.
Rope Edging (including weighted lead rope)
This is our most cost effective, and common net customisation. A rope edge border basically entails a thick poly rope being stitched around the perimeter of your net. We use an Industrial grade Overlocking machine to bind the rope securely to the net.
Added advantages of a rope edge finish:
• A neat and professional aesthetic for your nets edge
• A cost effective option for greatly added Strength to the perimeter of your netting.
• Is flexible in terms of working with complex shapes and corners such as: o Cargo ute cover Nets in a “T-Shape” or a “L-Shape” to fit neatly around toolboxes.
• Choice of rope edge colour: Black, Grey/Blue, Grey/Green, Orange/Black, Orange/Blue, Green.
White Common applications for Rope Edging Finish:
• Commercial and Residential Sports-Barrier nets
• Load Cover Cargo Ute cover nets (including T and L shape Nets)
• Rubbish / Waste control nets
• Custom –made soccer and fussball nets (with optional coloured rope edging to suit club colours)
• Safety & debris nets
• All general purpose netting
Rope Diameter can be selected using the following:
• 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm (using overlock industrial machine)
• 10mm and above (hand laced and stitched)
Optional considerations: Lead Core Rope: Our weighted rope is an excellent option where you require your net to be weighed down at the base.
We currently supply this rope in a 12mm diameter (black), and it offers 360grams per metre. Therefore if you wanted to add some weight to the base of your sliding 10m cricket net, this rope would add an additional 3.6kg.
Overall custom shape and size
Haverford can simply nets to your specific custom size and shape. Common applications which involve unusual shapes and patterns include:
• Cargo Ute Nets and load covers
• Decorative Interior and exterior design projects
We can offer you a quotation to cut your net to size, and then if required we can add an additional edging treatment (webbing or rope border) to finish off your net neatly.
Net panel joining
Have you seen a net on our website that suits your application, however it isn’t wide enough (or long enough)?
We offer a net joining service on most of our square net varieties, that can increase your spans with a neat and strong professional join. Our overlock stitching machine can create an effective and continuous join, with no gaps.
The join can be created using:
• Stitching twine only (if you are a discreet join) or
• Stitching twine and a poly rope (if you are after maximum strength).
Please contact our staff to discuss the net joining options for your netting application.
Haverford can attach your netting to keder track for use with the Keder Rail system. The most common applications for this edge treatment include:
• Event companies utilising netting / keder rail for product display (hanging) purposes
• Product hanging application for market owners, stall operators where the netting is installed and taken down on a frequent basis.
What is Keder?
Keder consists of two parts: a core and fabric. The core is made from extruded PVC, or another elastic material, to allow flexibility. The core is then wrapped in Keder fabric, which has exposed fibers on the outside to allow the Keder to easily slide into an extrusion with a luff groove – keder track. e proper adhesion during welding. For maximum strength, there is a Double Coated Keder available.
For a quote on custom netting solutions, either call us on (02) 9771 5288 or fill out the form below.